We hear a song or read a story & the good feelings we get don't remain inside of us. We are either anticipating them, or we've had them & they are gone. We never experience them as now... I'm writing a story about a little girl who discovers a cave where there is a lasting now...
The Gift of Asher Lev, p. 99

Monday, November 23, 2009

No Voice

I woke up on Sunday with a whisper of a voice. While my parents sometimes rejoice on those days of quiet, it's always sooooo hard for me to stay quiet and I end up pushing my voice too far only to make it worse. For someone so used to talking, it is difficult to be without it for a day, or even an hour!

However, church was a beautiful hour to be silent. Not being able to sing or even talk really made me think about the lyrics of the songs I know so well. These words had new meaning as I could not sing them, only think them, pray them, and be silent.

Be Thou my vision, O Lord of my heart;
Naught be all else to me, save that Thou art.
Thou my best thought, by day or by night,
Waking or sleeping, Thy presence my light.
...
High King of heaven, my victory won,
May I reach heaven's joys, O bright heav'ns Son!
Heart of my own heart, whatever befall,
Still be my vision, O ruler of all.

We "sang" this one yesterday. It was a good time of silent praise and listening!!

What's your favorite hymn/worship song?

No comments: