We hear a song or read a story & the good feelings we get don't remain inside of us. We are either anticipating them, or we've had them & they are gone. We never experience them as now... I'm writing a story about a little girl who discovers a cave where there is a lasting now...
The Gift of Asher Lev, p. 99

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

The Count of Monte Cristo

I downloaded this book on my new iPod for something to read at work, without having to lug a book. I fell in love with its adventure and humor. So, I took myself to the library to pick up the real copy for home reading and WHOA... I found out that I'm reading the unabridged 1,200+ page edition! It's all in my little iPod! Amazing.

The other sweet thing that I found out was that I was already on page 650! whew. It's a great read... thoughtful and funny and informing. I recommend it! Pick up the abridged verison if you are strapped for time!

Also, I love my new iPod!

What are you guys reading?

No comments: