We hear a song or read a story & the good feelings we get don't remain inside of us. We are either anticipating them, or we've had them & they are gone. We never experience them as now... I'm writing a story about a little girl who discovers a cave where there is a lasting now...
The Gift of Asher Lev, p. 99

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

To Aaron Rodgers

Let me start by saying this is my first year cheering for you and your team because in general, I've found it hard to cheer for a team with a number four on it. I enjoyed this season immensely! I, like many others, was really saddened that we will not get to see you play further into the playoffs. Is your neck okay after that Cardinal yanked on your helmet?
I wanted to tell you that although Brett's shadow is long, you have outshined him this year. You play exceptionally well. Mr. Favre has a knack for getting and sitting in the limelight. I am sorry that you must live in that shadow. Be assured that your name will go further than his if you continue to play and lead well.
Your newest fan,
Jaime Sherf

No comments: