We hear a song or read a story & the good feelings we get don't remain inside of us. We are either anticipating them, or we've had them & they are gone. We never experience them as now... I'm writing a story about a little girl who discovers a cave where there is a lasting now...
The Gift of Asher Lev, p. 99

Monday, April 5, 2010

April Fool's Day (Part 2)

This is the first time in awhile that April Fool's Day has fallen during Cody's spring break.  Thus, he was home all day to ponder and plot a revenge against me.  How I wished he'd had school to take his mind off of me.  I was envisioning buckets of goop over my bedroom door or dead spiders in my bed.  I was trying not to be paranoid, just cautious and a bit more aware of my surroundings.

My day was full of engagements (wedding and others) so I did not arrive home until near 11pm.  All evening, I received texts from Cody (via Mom) inquiring as to when I would be home.  I couldn't tell if this way simply a part of his paranoia plan or not.  I had bags and things to lug in from my car.  As I came through the darken garage, a figure jumped at the window.  I didn't scream, but I jumped back a bit.  It was Cody, performing his "Pre-prank-so-she-let's-her-guard-down-prank." Of course, I didn't realize this is what it was until about 2am on April 2nd. 

I am awakened out of my dream to Jason Mraz playing inside my bedroom.  20 seconds, then off.  At first, I am not sure if it was occurring in my waking consciousness or in my sleep.  30 seconds later, more of Jason, then off.  Cody.  He has somehow wired speakers into my room to play off of his iPod. The music continues for 30 minutes like this... on for 20 seconds, off for 30, fast forward, on again, off, new song, rap, hip hop.  I really wanted to wait it out, but I also wanted my sleep.

Finally, I get up to talk with Cody. He played sleep, but then finally fessed up to running the controls.  I congratulated him on a prank well-played, suggested that next time he plan it so that he could sleep through it, and inquired about how much of the carpet he had to pull up to lay the wire.  We chatted for about 10 minutes and then went back to bed at a quarter to 3am.

I will leave you with one question: Does anyone have access to exercise bungee bands (used for resistance)?

No comments: