We hear a song or read a story & the good feelings we get don't remain inside of us. We are either anticipating them, or we've had them & they are gone. We never experience them as now... I'm writing a story about a little girl who discovers a cave where there is a lasting now...
The Gift of Asher Lev, p. 99

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Haziness

I have spent the last several days at work reading binders, textbooks and websites. I'm trying to get my mind around this big thing called, "my job duties," in this new position. I feel like a blind monk trying to figure out that an elephant is standing next to him by only feeling around its feet and legs. It is a hazy cloud that will not seem to lift. I used to like this learning process, but I believe that I'm growing impatient with myself.

Each night, I come home exhausted and can't muster much beyond sitting on my couch, though tonight I managed to get the cheapest gas at the co-op and make Cody bark like a dog all the way there! That was a riot!

And well, tomorrow, it's back to discerning more of this elephant - or whatever decides to emerge.

Ciao.

No comments: