We hear a song or read a story & the good feelings we get don't remain inside of us. We are either anticipating them, or we've had them & they are gone. We never experience them as now... I'm writing a story about a little girl who discovers a cave where there is a lasting now...
The Gift of Asher Lev, p. 99

Friday, September 5, 2008

Last Night

I spent a good part of last evening reading about how to
blog better. I followed tons of links and became more discouraged with every click. Compared to other “professional bloggers,” I blog horribly, breaking nearly every rule… especially the “write shorter blogs” rule.

In the midst of my self-loathing, I stumbled across
Dave’s Thoughts on progress. Perhaps it’s not so much about numbers and instant effectivness, but lasting impact that comes from God’s Spirit working through my faithful and thoughtful writing. It made me think also about my goal in blogging… it’s to become a better writer and inform people about my life, this cave of now that I find myself in. I don’t need bullet points and tons of pictures. The one thing I was happy about is learning the html code for linking!!!

No comments: