We hear a song or read a story & the good feelings we get don't remain inside of us. We are either anticipating them, or we've had them & they are gone. We never experience them as now... I'm writing a story about a little girl who discovers a cave where there is a lasting now...
The Gift of Asher Lev, p. 99

Thursday, August 7, 2008

Camping

So, I just got back from camp long enough to keep my feet clean for 24 hours or so and I'm headed back to the great outdoors to get them dirty again. The events coming up this weekend have kept a permanent smile on my face all week! I get to enjoy life with my three closest friends... and also welcome a 4th to the group [Kelsey, you're great!]. We'll hike, swim, laugh, play boccie ball and live life together for a couple of days. Oh, these sweet hearts that I'm so thankful to have as family! I am grateful to every moment we have together... I know that time together doesn't come often [especially with all of the traveling I've done and continue to do!] so ..... oh yum... i can't wait to see you and find that willow again. How I've dreamt of it while we've been apart! Let's climb...

Next update: Pictures from camping!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see the pictures from your trip! Camping is so much fun, and I'm glad you are getting to hang out with your family and friends so much! My family leaves for a camping trip in about a week, where are you camping next?
~Katelyn