We hear a song or read a story & the good feelings we get don't remain inside of us. We are either anticipating them, or we've had them & they are gone. We never experience them as now... I'm writing a story about a little girl who discovers a cave where there is a lasting now...
The Gift of Asher Lev, p. 99

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Fourth Installment

Probably my favorite reason I choose not to engage in writing extended series on this blog is that it just gets plain boring. I mean, I’ve read certain blogs for a while, but then, when a series comes that I have absolutely no interest in, I get out of the practice of reading them. Can you imagine reading about potty training your child or tips on keeping fruit fresh for a whole week?? Rest assured that I would probably think of publishing a series on proper pedicure procedure or techniques for watching paint dry if given the chance.

Nothing leaves my daily reading selection faster than a series that does not interest me.

Let’s hope that hasn’t happened here!

No comments: