We hear a song or read a story & the good feelings we get don't remain inside of us. We are either anticipating them, or we've had them & they are gone. We never experience them as now... I'm writing a story about a little girl who discovers a cave where there is a lasting now...
The Gift of Asher Lev, p. 99

Monday, August 18, 2008

Reason #1 in My Series

Today is the kickoff of my new blog series, entitled: Reasons why I should not write a blog series. I thought that I would try it because I’ve discovered that I either need to have kids to write about or publish a blog series in order to get people coming back. Since I don’t have kids [and wasn’t allowed to borrow any!], I thought I’d give series writing a try.

So, the FIRST reason that I should not publish blog series is that I’m not sure I even have an audience, let alone one that would come back from day to day to get the next installment. I know that commenting doesn’t correlate directly to readership as I read several blogs that I never comment on. But that said, an occasional shout out couldn’t hurt my ego and writing confidence! I suppose that you could give criticism if absolutely necessary as well. Just let me know that you are there and breathing.

Keep coming back for the remaining 4 reasons this week… ;o)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm here.

Austrian Adventure said...

hiJaime- like your blog! good quote from chaim! you can borrow my kids if you need something to write about. :)
looking forward to your upcoming reasons. love, julie