We hear a song or read a story & the good feelings we get don't remain inside of us. We are either anticipating them, or we've had them & they are gone. We never experience them as now... I'm writing a story about a little girl who discovers a cave where there is a lasting now...
The Gift of Asher Lev, p. 99

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Ok, so I live at home...

Sometimes I think that's pretty pathetic, but tonight was a sweet treat in my cave of now. Cody and I have invented a game called "Roof-ball." There is a complete set of rules for scoring, faults, fouls and proper etiquette for play. We play to 21 by ones and you have to serve to win. I have yet to win, though I served for the win just tonight. Cody has incredibly long strides so I have to rely on the quick little spin shot in order to make a point. His height also gives him an advantage so I'm literally left with lucky shots and annoying him by talking incessantly. That's hard to do when I am constantly out of breath!

Being able to spend time with Cody is one of the highlights of living at home. He's going to be a freshman next month and he's just growing up too fast for me! I'm not sure how much longer I will be living in the States, but one thing is sure: I desire to invest every second of it that I can in people and things eternal. Putting my head in the sand is just not an option!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Roofball sounds like a very interesting game! The name reminds me of a game that I do sometimes, which involves hitting a ball over the roof, or on it.
By the wayy~ When is the first quizzing practice?